February 2, 2022
Welcoming the Foresite Fellows
By R. Scott McIsaac, Ph.D.
Foresite Capital Fellows top row L-R: Ang Cui, Charlie Lee, Chase Kelley, Justin Lee, Rasa Elmentaite, Vishwesh Shah
Bottom row L-R: Foresite Capital Fellows Xinhong Chen, Yaqi Zhang; Foresite Labs Fellows Ankeeta Shah, Dror Assa and Tim Aikin.
We are excited to welcome the first cohort of the Foresite Fellows program. The Foresite Fellows program is a two-track part-time paid internship program from Foresite Capital and our sister incubator, Foresite Labs.
Foresite Capital Fellows:
- Ang Cui | Medical Engineering and Medical Physics | Broad Institute of MIT & Harvard
- Charlie Lee | Medical student | Harvard Medical School
- Chase Kelley | Genetics & Genomics | University of Florida
- Justin Lee | Bioengineering/Medical student | Caltech/UCLA
- Rasa Elmentaite | Biological Sciences | Cambridge/Wellcome Sanger Institute
- Vishwesh Shah | Bioengineering | UCLA
- Xinhong Chen | Neurobiology | Caltech
- Yaqi Zhang | Pharmaceutical Sciences | Northwestern
Foresite Labs Fellows:
- Ankeeta Shah | Genetics, Genomics, and Systems Biology | University of Chicago
- Dror Assa | Biomedical Sciences | UCSF
- Tim Aikin | Molecular Biology & Genetics | Johns Hopkins
This is an exceptionally talented group of colleagues – who were selected from more than 190 applicants – and includes inventors, scientists, engineers, physicians-in-training, and a co-founder. Their research interests are as diverse as the candidates themselves, ranging from identifying novel treatments for ovarian cancer to uncovering novel immune cell states using single-cell technologies to non-invasive cell control using ultrasound.
And, as part of our first-ever Fellowship program, these Fellows are all pioneers. We are thrilled to welcome them to team Foresite.
I would like to specifically highlight the efforts of Foresite Capital employee Jacob Barlow, and Foresite Labs employees Matt Luminais and Nuné Martiros, for helping to launch this inaugural program.
– R. Scott McIsaac, Ph.D.